1 Clove Garlic
2 sticks Celery
200g White Beans
100g Ronaldo Rice
1 Bay leaf
800g Cherry Tomatoes (Or good tinned tomatoes)
1 litre light chicken stock
100g Curly Kale or spring greens
½ bunch of Basil
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion. Dice evenly the carrots, celery and courgettes
- Dice the leek and wash.
- Dice the potato and drain the tinned white beans. Finely slice the bacon.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry gently for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, courgette and bay and cook slowly until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the potato, white beans and tomatoes, then pour in the stock. Stir well.
- Cover with a lid and bring everything slowly to the boil, then simmer until the potato is cooked.
- Finely slice greens
- Add the rice to the pan, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the rice is cooked. Add the leek and greens 5 minutes before the soup is ready.
- Correct seasoning and finish the soup with basil and parmesan when serving.