Makes 1 Tart
200g brioche/brown bread. Grated (frozen)
550g golden syrup
50ml double cream
3 lemons – zest
Pinch of salt
- Heat syrup and butter
- Whisk egg and cream together, add syrup to cream
- Fold in crumbs, add lemon and salt
- Rest over night
- Blind bake tart case
- Fill tart case with brioche filling
- Cook 160 C on half fan for 45-50 minutes
Milk ice cream
800ml of milk
75g of caster sugar
100ml of condensed milk
20g of glucose
1 sheet of gelatine
- Split the milk into two portions: 50ml and 750ml
- In a large saucepan, add the sugar to 750ml of the milk and place over a low heat. Don’t allow the milk to catch on the base of the pan by stirring regularly. Reduce the liquid down to 500ml.
- Mix the reduced milk with the condensed milk and glucose over a low heat until they have dissolved.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until soft. Squeeze the gelatine free of the water and add to the warm milk mix.
- Add the remaining 50ml of milk to the mix.
- Churn in an ice cream maker until an ice cream consistency is reached.
- Freeze until ready to serve.