100g Puff Pastry
20g Granny Smith Apple
40g Goat’s Cheese
5g Pea Shoots
Salt and Pepper
- Roll puff pastry to 3-4mm in thickness. Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Cut into a round tart 15cm in diameter. Rest until required.
- Cook beetroot then cut into evenly sliced pieces.
- Blend half of the goat’s cheese in the blender with a little olive oil to make a smooth paste.
- Spread blended goat’s cheese on the tart bases
- Arrange the slices of beetroot neatly on the tarts.
- Cook for 8 minutes in the oven at 200oC or until golden brown
- Finish with the rest of the goat’s cheese broken in to nice piece and cook in the oven for a further two minutes.
- Combine the toasted walnuts, apple, frisée, pea shoots, olive oil and seasoning and dress tart.
- Serve immediately with a delicious glass of Gruner Veltliner.