Sweet Short Crust Pastry
450g Plain Flour
150g Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
2 Whole Eggs
1 lemon zest
- Sift the flour and the salt.
- Quickly rub the butter in with the flour until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Mix the sugar and lemon zest into the mixture, then add the egg yolks and eggs work everything together and rest for 1 hour.
400mls Passion fruit Juice
2 Lemon Zest
- Mix sugar with eggs, add rest of ingredients.
- Blind bake tarts bases at 150°c for 30 minutes. Make sure pastry is cooked.
- Fill tarts with filling and cook at 100°c for 45 minutes.
4 Lemons – juice and zest
4 Eggs + 2 yolks
- Juice and zest lemons.
- Whisk sugar and eggs together.
- Add juice to egg mixture.
- Add butter and stir over a double boiler to thicken.
- Once thickened, pass through a fine sieve and store in a piping bag.
Lemon Curd Sauce
100ml Lemon Juice
80g Caster Sugar
90g Diced Butter
- Whisk egg, caster sugar and lemon juice over a bain marie to a sabayon.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the butter till smooth and shiny.
100g Caster Sugar
- Toast the hazelnuts till golden brown then group them together on greaseproof paper on a heat proof tray.
- Slack the sugar with a little water in a thick bottomed pan.
- Heat to a dark caramel and pour over the hazelnuts to set them in the caramel.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cold and set, pulse in a food processor to form crumbs.
Serve the tart in the center of a large plate with a drizzle of lemon curd sauce and a scattering of praline crumbs.